Tuesday, May 08, 2018

After Tax

Hello Blog - I guess it's just about time to get off my ass & do some updating! The problem with updating is that you need something interesting to update about. Working for a living isn't all that exciting but it sure gives you a lot more grist for the mill because retirement is mighty short of interesting things to talk about on a day to day basis.

Just finished the most tiring tax year I can remember in ages. Everyone had a problem. People moved. People bought & sold homes. People married. People died. And two new little ones came into the world. No one thought to check the tax implications before they did what they did & a few sure were surprised. But life goes on & I think it's time to file my own tax .  .  .  .


On my desk I have four balls of yarn to make the MKAL - the Yarnmaid's Tale from Jimmy Beans!!! Since I already have two clues, I have to get in gear!!! The original color choices were Scarlet - for the Maid & Black - called Under His Eye but this is for my niece Lara & she's into everything GREEN. So I chose a dark Asphalt & Tarragon, a greyed green for her. Just a little something to get me back into the swing of things!!  I read the Handmaid's Tale many years ago when it was included in a huge reading list for a Canadian lit course along with The Stone Angel & The Book of Eve. All the novels were by & about Women & everyone of us thought the Handmaid was waaay out there - we are talking about the 70s here now kiddies. Take a close look at today's world. A slight Political shift to the left, a little less separation of church & state & a repeal or two of some rights & we're on the way .   .   .   .

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Love your tax tales! Mine’s all done and...I actually had to pay some. Geesh. And of course love the yarn colours too. Green!