Monday, March 05, 2018

A March Day

I was sitting in my favorite spot in the Rotten Ronnie's parking lot today enjoying my Xtra-large coffee with two milks & Fruit n Fibre muffin, cruising the free Wi-Fi for more books by Alys Clare. I love my Kobo ebook reader & use it every chance I get. It's totally back-lit so reading at night or in poor light is amazing. The font is adjustable & I can actually read without my glasses!! There's no glare on a sunny day & no bright spot or dark corner when it's back-lit.

But, as I was saying, I was was in my usual spot, after going through the drive-thru & looking for another Medieval mystery by Alys Clare. I park in this spot for several reasons, free WiFi, good coffee, sunshine - when we get it, people can't find me unless I tell them to & I can people watch. It's amazing what goes on in a Mcdonald's parking lot!!! Yeah, I could go inside & get free refills but I don't want to listen to kids shrieking & whining - man, the older I get .  .  .  .  . this particular spot has a huge playroom so the noise level can be pretty loud!  I can also knit in my car & listen to an audio-book if I want while drinking my coffee. And I can take all my cups, napkins, bags & cardboard home to be recycled.

Today, it was a glorious sunny day that got me outside checking on my fern garden.  My stiff leg reminded me I should go grocery shopping early if I wanted any 'specials' & I decided to go for a coffee on the way home & read the last of my latest 12th century 'Who Dunnit'. On the way to Rotten Ronnie's, the sun shone brightly & I had to put on the summer shades!! Got my coffee, parked in the sun, got out the ebook & watched the big, black cloud roll in. It even brought it's own wind & rained down on everyone crossing the parking lot - especially the ones in shorts!! Then the  temperature dropped suddenly & it turned into a hail storm. The hail hit so hard it bounced & came down twice!! Then, as suddenly as it came, it moved off & I was bathed in sunshine once more. Then I had to go home & get back to work .   .   .    .    .

No comments: