Saturday, February 24, 2018

It's Looking a Lot Like Christmas

At 7:14 this Saturday morning, I had 6 & a quarter inches of snow on my drive. I couldn't help myself & had to go outside with my ruler & check. It was lovely, soft & light. And brought the entire town to a halt. 
Although we were warned that snow would fall on Friday morning, most of what fell in my yard, fell after dark. I was supposed to take the Ex to an eye appointment around 3:00,but it was falling very heavily so we canceled. His little suburb has only one way in & out to the main road with deep ditches, narrow streets, few lights & no sidewalks. I was concerned about getting back OUT with all that snow falling!! Good thing I did MY shopping on Thursday so I wouldn't have to go out for the next few days!! The weather office promised SUN for Saturday & my lunch date, it now looks like it won't be here till Sunday although our temps are above zero for the next few days. And once again, I am so glad I no longer have to commute anywhere!!

Knitting - I finally finished my 'car' socks in Hopscotch. I always have a pair of socks in the bag in the car but I'm thinking about changing it up a little for Spring. A few years ago, I fell in love with a cowl/shoulder wrap in Knitter's magazine. It was made simply from the top down in random rows of knit & purl  & in three weights of the same colorway, fingering, sock & worsted. The Designer used a yarn which really appealed to me. Since I couldn't find the yarn, I asked Linda at Sunset Fibers create some roving for me so I could spin my own. Linda's roving is not as screamingly bright but I think it will do the job. It's called 'Red Hat'. The yarn has been spun up for ages so I think it's about time I got started on the knitting before it gets too warm to need it.

No comments: