Tuesday, January 02, 2018

2018

2018 WOWIt's hard to imagine that it's 2018 already when you were born in the 50's. I never dreamed of 2018 when I laid on top of the hay pile & watched the clouds make pictures. I never thought that far ahead in 1969 when I wanted to dance all weekend at Woodstock or when I went to college to take Criminology in the 70's. 2000 was so far away. And now, here we are. Another year older & about to step into the unknown.

I'm not going to fill this blog with Resolutions. I don't believe in them. Well, it's not that I don't believe so much, it's that most of them get forgotten at the first temptation. As sure as every January will bring forth sales on Exercise equipment & weird diets, last year's failed Resolutions come back to give you a kick in the ass as you try to do your first squat. Louisa at (damselflys.blogspot.ca) has declared this the Year of the Slug. Yes, that slimy creature of the back garden & deep Rain Forest path. She makes a very good case for it!!

I'm particularly fond of Don't Rush, Go at Your Own Speed, Wear Comfy Shoes, Stay  Moisturized, Play in the Garden & Avoid Hot Sun. All good things to help ease you into the new year gently but without fear.

I'm planning on getting new shoes this year. Or maybe some boots, for a change. I've been giving things away. And I plan on continuing the practice. I bought so much stuff I couldn't breathe - I never thought I wouldn't want to DO THOSE THINGS when I got older. Crazy eh?? I mean who doesn't use a toaster or a coffee machine?? ME And when I bought all those crewel embroidery kits?? Yeah, I was in love with them in the 80's but now, the eye-sight is not so good & I'd rather spin or knit socks. And all the other crap we tend to save - like perfectly good shoe boxes - crap. Tea tins??? So I'm recycling more stuff too. What I'd really like to do in 2018 is get a bin delivered to my door for a week & throw in everything I don't want. Mmmmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

Sue said...

I save shoe boxes too. I don't know why!

Louisa said...

Awww...thanks for mentioning me and my buddy the slug! I’m doing really well so far at not accomplishing anything much. 😆 You have a good plan though. You’re so right about not necessarily wanting to do the same things as you did in the past!